Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Four Seasons: Autumn / l'automne


This is the first installment in a series on the four seasons that I’ve been meaning to do for a while now. While looking at the brightly colored leaves on the ground this past week, I decided now was the perfect time to start it. So while it is based on the trees in my back woods, I would also say it is most definitely inspired by the work of Alphonse Mucha. I bought a poster of Mucha’s four seasons (he actually did several versions of this) in college and I still have it hanging in my room. This version is a rough draft and I will probably edit it quite a bit before I do anything else with it. While I was getting started on this, I though a cat or dog version would be fun too.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love the feel of the leaves at the top and the bottom. You can feel the crisp fall breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chachi! I bet you get plenty of crisp air these days.

    ReplyDelete