Monday, November 19, 2012

Portrait of a Lady: Fall Leaf Colors


 I worked on my leaf colors portrait a little longer than I thought I was going to last night. In case you didn't read yesterday's post, I attempted to pull colors out of some leaves I gathered and paint a portrait from them. I finished this evening so here she is...


I was mostly able to use only colors from the leaf palette; the white was simply the color of the background. The black is in there if you magnify and look closely at some of the decay spots on the leaves. I think this will be a fun project to attempt again in spring when the leaves are fresh and full of yellows and greens.

I've really been enjoying creating frames as much as the figures. I did this one free-hand using a mirroring tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment