Thursday, November 1, 2012

Perro de los Muertos

November 1st is commemorated in the Catholic faith as All Saints Day and the 2nd is All Souls Day. These are often celebrated in parts of Mexico, Latin America and the U.S.A. as Dia de los Muertos or Day of the Dead. Traditionally November 1st is in honor of children, while November 2nd is in honor of adults. Here in the U.S.A. November 2nd is more commonly considered The Day of the Dead, but I prefer to celebrate both. Because I only have furry children I decided to create an image to honor all the furry family members and Shelter pets that have passed this year. I really love dogs; I have 3 pups and foster and volunteer for my local animal Shelter. We lost a few Shelter favorites this year, but had a happy ending for our two foster dogs. I'm remebering the lost tonight with a candle, treats and some kibble. Maybe next year I'll comemmorate a kitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment