Sunday, November 18, 2012

Flying banjo and preview of next piece


Right now I’m working on a project based on the colors in fallen leaves. I had thought of this project a while ago, but didn’t execute it right away. Translation, I procrastinated. Luckily there are still some brightly colored leaves left, but if I waited a few more days this project would have had to wait until next year. I am attempting a portrait done only from the colors in the leaves. I thought of this while walking my dogs around the lake last week, but pulling the colors out of a photograph was inspired by the website http://design-seeds.com, I love everything about this site.

It’s a work in progress and I should have it up by Wednesday. Here is my color palette.
Nowhere nearly as well done as design seeds

In the meantime I leave you with an image I did last year of a winged banjo, because  despite those "paddle faster jokes" banjos are super cool.  And I’m pretty sure wings are how you get that really high and lonesome sound. 


1 comment:

  1. I love that banjo! Can't wait to see the end result of the new project.

    ReplyDelete